A CV Tip
Use Facts In Your Resume
If you are looking for a job, you have to know that usually, employers are looking for facts when they review your resume and during an interview.
It’s very important how you use and how you emphasize facts in your resume, but there are a few Resume recommendations that could really help you:
- Use facts to be different from other candidates, but for this purpose you have to provide understandable facts about your work experience on your resume, cover letters and also during interviews. You have to use bullets to emphasize your accomplishments and skills. It will be easier for any employer to read your resume and find out what he is most interested in.Source
- Don’t use meaningless jargon or superfluous clutter, but instead, use a bullet-point that tells the story of what you did and the achievements you had. And this will be the proof that you are one of the best candidates for the job.
- A wonderful idea is to use bullet points for several “Responsible for” to convey your job responsibilities and what resulted from them. If you can provide the answer to questions related to how you increased productivity and many other such things, you will definitely attract employer’s attention. Briefly, you have to select the right facts, being your accomplishments and successes.Source
- Don’t lie on your resume or in an interview as employers check resumes and if they discover that you have misstated or made up facts, be sure that you will be disqualified. There are honest ways through which you can emphasize by writing approximately what you did if you don’t remember details.Source
- Don’t write something like “I’m uniquely qualified/the best fit/the perfect person for this job.” You don’t know if other candidates are better or not than you, so don’t write this. Plus, you underestimate the role of the hiring authority, so offer facts, not just conclusions.SourceWhen you look for a job, you have to recall all that you have done over years and the work achievements that you had, but that’s exactly what a job hunter does.
Nonetheless, if you will know what and how to write in your resume, be sure that you will definitely be successful and you will become noticed for your work experience and achievements.